The mission of the Libertarian Party of Kentucky is to move public policy in a libertarian direction by:
- Electing candidates of the Libertarian Party to public office
- Educating the public about Libertarian ideas through whatever means available
- Providing the organizational structure for Libertarians to interact with one another
The Libertarian Party of Kentucky affirms the following principles:
- That all people possess certain inalienable natural rights, and that among these are rights to life, liberty, justly acquired property, and self-governance.
- That the only moral basis of government is the preservation and protection of inalienable natural rights.
- That no person or institution, public or private, has the right to initiate the use of physical force or fraud against another person, and that all people are bound, without contract, to abstain from infringing upon the natural rights of other people.
- That all people are entitled to choose their own lifestyles, as long as they do not forcibly impose their values on others.
- That the voluntary and unrestricted exchange of goods and services is fundamental to a peaceful and harmonious society.